"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone." – Reba McEntire
• Have a sense of humor: Psychology Today says that a good sense of humor is on of the key characteristics associated with well-being. Humor maintains perspective. Now remember, as Steve martin says, “Comedy Is not pretty” – is makes fun of something or someone, so be sensitive. I find the best humor makes fun of oneself. It helps us maintain humility.
• Humor leads to laughter. Laughter is healthy! It relieves stress. It stimulates our heart, and lungs. It increases endorphins.
• This is fortitude. This is constitution. This is courage.
• A strong back bone allows us to face adversity. A back bone keeps us standing upright in the face of rejection and other hardships. A backbone allows us to stay strong in times of uncertainty. A strong backbone is predicated upon strong and committed beliefs. We recall our Purpose, Vision, Mission and Value.
• This means our dreams, goals and aspirations. It keeps idealism in the forefront. We must have a desire for something better in society, in life. "Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free, Look in their eyes Mom you’ll see me. – Tom Joad, Grapes of Wraith.
• This is about hope:
"Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have this wish I wish tonight."
“Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words.” This is, perhaps, the best known and most commonly quoted statement made by St. Francis of Assisi. Lead by example; by actions. Actions speak louder than words. Last week I spoke of Exampleship – and I want to close with a message to our volunteer army – our CMCs, our Trainers, our RMs, Our BVPs, our NVPs and RGMs. I am telling you that the best way to server our company is to build your businesses when you are performing your responsibilities. If you are setting up meetings, bring guests. If you are speaking at a Super Saturday, bring guests. In both cases, circle up and sign up your members to show others how it is done.